Learning Drupal shouldn't be stressful. The Drupal Users Guide assumes you want to build a Web site without having to learn any code. The Drupal Users Guide is structured to help you jump right in and start building your own Web sites, regardless of your experience with the web.
If you are new to Web site building you may find it useful to start at the first chapter and work through to the end of the book. If you are a little more experienced with site building, The Drupal Users Guide is designed so you can freely jump in-and-out of chapters as you need.
If you're buying the book for a class or training experience, don’t forget about the bulk discounts for Drupal Trainers.
The Drupal User's Guide includes sections on:
- Installing Drupal on Mac OS X and Linux Web servers
- Getting comfortable with Drupal 7’s administrative interface
- Building a basic site in minutes
- Creating S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely) site goals
- Auditing your existing content so you can make the most of it
- Exploring, choosing, and customizing Drupal themes
- Walking through building a community site with private discussion area
- Building a complete business association directory site
- Using Web forms to capture and display any kind of content
- Taking advantage of Drupal’s powerful Views module
- Choosing the right Drupal and third-party modules to build virtually any site
- Optimizing your site for Google and other search engines